INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LITIGATION
From patent infringement to trademarks, our IP attorneys help sophisticated businesses achieve successful resolutions in complex intellectual property cases. Our experience includes litigating infringement actions, trademark disputes, and copyright infringement claims. Our partner, Ryan Abbott, is a professor who teaches intellectual property to law students.
Our IP attorneys now offer clients hands-on, highly-focused attention in a boutique firm environment.
- Obtained $5.6 million in class action settlement proceeds on behalf of large class of businesses overcharged by patent annuity provider for patent annuity renewal fees.
- Successfully resolved international trademark and copyright infringement action brought by luxury brands against internet platform seller.
- Participated in successful defense of International Trade Commission proceedings brought against manufacturers of credit card processing terminals.
- Represented one of the “Big Six” American film studios in a breach of contract, employment and copyright dispute involving a major motion film, securing a dismissal of the copyright claims on a motion to dismiss.
- Represented a famous actor accused of copyright infringement, and secured a favorable settlement.
- Counsel to an information technology company threatened by a large multinational corporation with intellectual property infringement. The case ended with a substantial settlement for the information technology company.
- Counsel to a variety of clients managing all aspects of intellectual property protection, including successful international patent and trademark prosecution.
- Counsel for a variety of early-stage companies assisting with corporate formation, financing, and contractual matters.
- Successfully defended against trademark oppositions.
- Patent invalidity and freedom to operate opinions.