Our insurance coverage litigation attorneys have recovered multi-million dollar settlements and judgments on behalf of businesses denied coverage by some of the largest insurance companies in the world. Our practice includes claims arising from all sorts of insurance including Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance, Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance, Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance, third party liability insurance, coverage for provision of financial services, Builder’s Risk insurance, Property insurance and other specialty insurance products. We have handled numerous cases of bad faith denials of coverage and bad faith claims handling practices. Although we are based in California, we have handled cases all over the country. We can handle cases that many Big Firms cannot because of their close relationships with major insurance carriers.
At BNSK, our insurance coverage litigators have large firm backgrounds, and bring that experience to a focused, boutique firm environment. The result is a personalized client experience, supported by a track record of successful resolutions.
- Obtained confidential settlements from multiple insurers involving the interplay of Builder’s Risk, owner’s third-party liability coverage, contractor liability, contractor’s primary and excess liability carriers, pollution insurance and property coverage on a more than $10 million insurance claim
- Obtained a total settlement of approximately $5.3M in insurance coverage and bad faith action on behalf of owner of outdoor mall after defeating carriers’ motions for summary judgment
- Obtained substantial settlements on behalf of real estate developer for amounts paid in settlement to neighboring business owners
- Obtained coverage for individual who pled guilty to federal crime for costs incurred in defense of criminal and SEC actions
- Obtained settlement on behalf of private equity client for claim arising from employment dispute with partner in private equity firm
- Won summary judgment on insurers’ primary defense in D&O liability insurance dispute leading to confidential settlement
- Won summary judgment on insurers’ primary defenses on film finance insurance coverage leading to confidential settlement
- Represented investment advisor in coverage dispute over numerous claims arising from allegedly negligent and/or fraudulent investment advice
- Represented major real estate developer in multiple insurance coverage disputes
- Represented a multinational publisher and distributor of video games in insurance recovery disputes